2.13.2014

Occupy Wall Street

I had a revelation the other day.  Well, more like a part of an idea that caught my attention.  I was reading about the health care coverage gap - some poor people can't get subsidies for health care AND don't qualify for Medicare.  Regardless of what you think about the healthcare law, that's kinda effed up.

It got me thinking, as a country, our priorities are a little out of order.  Why are we trying to fix other countries when our own citizens don't have homes, access to education, nutritional knowledge and means to buy food?

Then I realized Aaron Sorkin had already summed up my thoughts for me.




Someday, Occupy Wall Street, or something very similar will rise again.  And after all the uncomfortable stuff is over, this will be a better country.  Or there will be war.

No comments:

Post a Comment

yo, whats up?