1.07.2014

About Time

I was going to write a post reflecting on 2013, and while I still may, I needed to get out my thoughts about this movie I watched last night. 


About Time features a man who learns he can travel back in time and do things differently. At first, I hated it. It seemed like he was just trying to get everything perfect and erase the embarrassing shit we all go through. It also felt a little like he was fooling everyone.

But as time went on, things changed for him. It was a fascinating movie, well shot and thoroughly enjoyable. (Full disclosure: I bawled at one point. I'd tell you where, but major spoiler alert.)

It really made me think about life as finite, and about how you really gotta live everyday as if it's your only shot - because it truly is. 

The other thing it made me think about it how life is too short to hate yourself. I've been practicing a lot of self-loathing lately, berating myself for stupid mistakes. Why? I'm the only one that has to live with me for the rest of my life. Nothing's perfect - I'm definitely never going to be. I've gotta embrace the ish. 

Anyway, that's enough self reflection for one post. Watch the movie - it's fantastic. 

Now I'm going to go work out, congratulate myself, then promptly eat a soft pretzel, and try not to be a hater. Baby steps. 

1 comment:

yo, whats up?