12.30.2013

I picked a 1/2 marathon!

After running the Rock 'n Roll Philly Half a few years ago, I swore I wouldn't do it again. Since then, the longest I've run is 4 miles. But, as this post title suggests, I'm going back on my word. 

My end goal is to run a full, but without a little motivation until Sept-Nov (clearly I've not picked out a full yet) I may fail. Here's what I've got so far - an 8 week plan for a 5k and a race on 3/22. And a 12 week plan and a half on 6/8. 

I'm a little worried about the time commitment. With my new job and commuting 2 hours a day, it's going to be a challenge. Not an insurmountable one, though. 

In other news, I hope everyone's holidays were fantastic! Mine turned out pretty good besides a slight mental hiccup this weekend. The bf loved his gift - I got him a smoker! And my parents loved the iPad. After seeing my niece for a whole day, I got to hang out with Liz for a whole night! And my Dad didn't die driving to and from the train station for me in the middle of a surprise snowstorm. Wins a around!!

1 comment:

  1. Yaaaay! So excited. If you ever want to run together, let me know! :D

    ReplyDelete

yo, whats up?