12.07.2013

Wine party!

I figured since I spend so much time on the train, I might as well download the mobile app and get to typing! Excuse any typos, please. 

It's been a long week. I'm adjusting to the new job and talking all day long. What's great about this new company is they actually have voluntary (instead of mandatory) overtime and they insist on paying you for it! Opposite of the last place I worked. 

Anyway, this week I've been working a few 1/2 hour lunches and I signed up for a Saturday shift today. Of course, my train is almost 15 minutes late and I have no faith that it will actually come....

...

Since I typed that sentence the track changed and I got on a train that has 4 people on it, including the conductor who promised it was the Paoli train. Now, sir, how can it be that the train is 14 minutes late if it's here? Septa, I'm very confused. 

Moving on. Tonight I'm going to a wine party hosted by one of my bffs and former roomie of 5 years. The invitation says: bring two bottles of the same wine, one we will drink, one will go in a box. We'll vote on the best wine and winner gets the box as a prize! 

To say that I want to win is putting it mildly. In fact, I'm going to try to drink lots of water and very little wine so my nasty competitive streak stays deep down inside. But, if the streetlight magically goes out, the winner should beware.*

Besides the work & the wine party, it's just laundry and online Christmas shopping this weekend. I can't believe Christmas is in less than 20 days - it really snuck up on me this year. 

Coming attractions on Stooptime:
1. Philly land bank. 
2. My thought on bullying and how social media really isn't the problem. I think the whole thing is a symptom of a bigger problem. 
3. How I'm organizing a college era party one last time**.
4. My new hobby, crocheting. 


*jk, promise
**might not be the last time, let's be real



No comments:

Post a Comment

yo, whats up?