11.10.2013

Funny how things change.

I got a new job!  I wake up every morning surprised that I don't hate my life.  My friend and I got out of the hell-hole at the same time.  It was kind of like we were in a large warehouse, running away from people with guns.  The warehouse doors were closing and we just barely made it under the ever-lowering escape door right before imminent slavery and death.

Dramatic, I know.  But it is still kind of like that.

Now I'm bored.  I was just talking to a friend yesterday - it's like, you get out of school, you have all this debt and no money.  You used to just go get drunk with friends all the time, but now everyone's spread out, you're lazy and broke.  You have a significant other at home that you kind of really like hanging out with.  So you sit at home, watch TV, clean and then lament about how you're bored.

I picked up crocheting.  Again.  For the thousandth time.  Since my commute has grown from 8 minutes to 68 minutes, I'm actually 1/3 of the way through a scarf.  But then what?!

I've been watching Community lately.  I just got yesterday how they are a little community, and how important it is.  Now, we're all glued to our phones and laptops and tablets and TVs, very rarely having face-to-face conversations or hang-out sessions.  I don't like it, yet I cancelled my Twitter account the other day then immediately opened it again.  Haven't posted in almost a year - I'm just worried about losing my username.

Seriously.

So anyway - if you're a friend, please come hang out with me.  We can crochet and drink tea together, because I have yarn and tea and water.  I also have coffee - but no cream.

2 comments:

  1. Dude, yes. I will come over and crochet and drink tea! I tried to learn to crochet, but I think I need a buddy. Or a coach. Or a buddy who is a coach! that could be you ;-)
    I wish we were closer ... i.e. in the same state... too! I understand the feeling about running away from the warehouse. Hoepfully that will be me too this spring! Gotta land a better plan A, though. Do you watch Mad Men?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, all I do is drink tea and crochet. And my roommate spends all her time at her boyfriend's, so I need to someone to do that with. I'll play!

    Erica

    ReplyDelete

yo, whats up?