1.13.2013

Sweet Sunday Afternoons

My laundry is done, the apartment is clean(er), and my lunch and breakfast are cooked for the week.  Sunday nights would be the best nights, if only it didn't mean that Monday morning inevitably starts the next day.

I just read this article about having a day of rest; the Sabbath literally means "rest" or "cease".  The article argued that doctors should not only ask patients if they smoke, exercise, or eat cheesesteaks for dinner every night, but also ask people how much they are working and how much they rest.  In today's society, it's important to ask these questions because stress can lead to all kinds of bad things.  When we have cell phones and social networks and jobs that never rest, we never get a break from everything.  Makes sense.

There's just so much to do and try!

Today I did three brand new things, which is quite a lot for a usually restful day.  This morning, I swallowed my fears surrounding touching people, and went to JuJitsu class.  I wasn't very good and there was a lot of touching and being close to people.  Pondering whether or not to return on my bus ride home, I realized I would probably go back for the sheer learning of a new thing.  I also realized I would probably be mad at myself for the first few classes for choosing to do such an uncomfortable thing.

Second brand new thing:  juicing.  My wonderful boyfriend got my a Breville juicer for Christmas and I hadn't taken it out of the box until today.  It seemed like a lot of work to clean and figure it out.  And I was scared of messing it up.  Seems silly, right?  One apple, carrot, kale and broccoli juice later, I'm so happy I tried it!  I just wish juice stayed fresher for longer.

Have you ever tried baked hard "boiled" eggs?  Well I will tomorrow, because for the first time, I made them tonight.  It's the minor things, people.

My whole being active and healthy thing has been going really well for these past two weeks, but next Sunday, I am taking a break and resting.  I cannot face another Monday being this tired.




1 comment:

  1. Huzzah for sticking with the healthy routine! That motivates me to keep going too :)

    Secondly, juicers are awesome, yeah?? My mom got one awhile ago and constantly juices up random things for me to try. She makes a wicked tasty carrot-celery-green apple juice which also fills me up right before I go to the gym. A combination to try in case you need ideas down the road!

    ReplyDelete

yo, whats up?